Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ferdinand


    
I was commissioned to do
 a painting of a very popular 
"Bull"
No names here... because the painting is gift.
I initially started the painting as one of my usual 
 looking into the eyes, 
cropped in close, face paintings.
But the more I examined the photos 
I had been sent, the more I knew that any painting of THIS bull,
whom I have named "Ferdinand" to change his identity, 
I knew that any painting needed to encompass 
his entire massive self. 
He is quite an imposing fellow,
 but oh so sweet and prefers daisies, 
just like his namesake,
Ferdinand... the Bull.



1 comment:

  1. This painting looks great! The color harmony in the bull looks great. By the way, if you have or haven't known I have this painting blog, you might want to check it out if you have time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete